About Lodestar Farms
With over 100 years of olive oil production in Oroville, California, starting with Mrs. Ehmann in 1898, Lodestar is proud to carry on the tradition of farming a quality extra virgin olive oil. Oroville, California, the birthplace of commercial California olive production, is the only region in California that can claim a distinct flavor and style. That style and flavor is inherent in every bottle of Lodestar Olive Oil.
Jamie Johansson, Lodestar's owner and farmer, started as a behind the scenes farmer providing the olives and or olive oil for 10 other California olive oil companies from
Santa Barbara to Mendocino. From behind the scenes, Lodestar has provided olives for 15 award-winning olive oils, including one Best of Show, at the prestigious Los Angeles County
Fair's "Oils Of The World Competition". Jamie is quick to point out, "Though it was not the ‘Lodestar' name on those bottles, having your peers within an industry look to your farm for
quality has its own satisfying prestige."
Since 1993 Lodestar has led the California olive oil industry in perfecting the cultivation, harvesting and delivering the best olive oil California has to offer.
The Lodestar distinction starts when the olive trees bloom to when the oil is bottled.
A traditional California olive oil begins with quality olives – discover why other olive oil companies start with Lodestar.
One of the biggest obstacles California producers had to overcome as the state’s olive oil industry grew was the perception that European oil was a
higher quality and more desired by consumers. Those perceptions were about to change.... David Oltman, California Farmer
Lodestar Olive Oil Awards and Recognition
- 2009 "Award for Excellence in Entertainment and Arts", Chico Economic Development and Planning Commission (CEPCO), Jamie Johansson for the founding of the Sierra Oro Farm Trail Map
- 2007 "Award for Excellence in Agriculture", Chico Economic Development and Planning Commission (CEPCO)
- 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 "Best of Chico/Oroville", Favorite Local Product, Chico News & Review
- 2004, 2005 and 2006 People’s Choice “Liquid Gold Award," Sonoma Olive Festival
- 2004 Silver Medal “Late-Harvest Mission Olive Oil,"Los Angeles County Fair*
- 2004 Silver Medal “Flavored Oils –Lemon Oil," Los Angeles County Fair
- 2003 Silver Medal “Late-Harvest Mission Olive Oil," Los Angeles County Fair
- 2003 Silver Medal “Flavored Oils –Lemon Oil" Los Angeles County Fair
- 2002 Gold Medal, “Late-Harvest Mission Olive Oil," Los Angeles County Fair
- 2002 Gold Medal, “Packaging and Design," Los Angeles County Fair