15 Minute Lodestar Pesto
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, coarsely grated (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 2/3 cup Lodestar extra-virgin olive oil
- With food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop.
- Stop motor and add nuts, cheese, salt, pepper, and basil, then process until finely chopped.
- With motor running, add oil, blending until incorporated.
Makes about 1 1/3 cups. Pesto keeps, its surface covered with plastic wrap, chilled, 1 week.