Roasted red pepper puree with evoo and garlic croutons
Easy to make soup that also doubles as a sauce for grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 2 each yellow onion diced rough
- 2 tbl finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cups flavorful chicken stock
- pinch How to do it
- 1 ½ cup peeled and medium diced How to do it
- 8 roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbl kosher salt
- ½ tbl black pepper
- 2-3 ounce lemon juice
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- ¼ cup Lodestar California extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the peppers by charring the skin over an open flame, peel and discard, stem, seeds and skin.
- Use a medium size sauce pot, heat the olive oil along with the garlic and diced yellow onion, sauté until golden in color.
- Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the chicken stock, diced potato and oregano, simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the prepared peppers and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Now its time to finish the soup, the first step is to strain the chicken stock, reserve all the ingredients and transfer the solids to a blender. Slowly process the peppers, onions and garlic smooth, using the reserved chicken stock to adjust the consistency until it has a soup like texture. Sometimes it requires more stock, sometimes less. You may need to do this in batches.
- Transfer the soup back to the pot, reheat to a simmer and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve in pre-heated soup bowls, finish with a large handful of garlic croutons and a healthy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.